Retinol is a derivative of vitamin A and it is a popular ingredient in many skincare products, here are some of the benefits of using retinol in skincare.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: retinol has been proven to increase cell turnover, which helps to reduce the appearance of fine line and wrinkles.
- Improves skin texture: retinol can help to improve skin texture by promoting the growth of new skin cells and increasing collagen production.
- Brighten skin: retinol can help to brighten the skin by promoting cell turnover and reducing the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
- Treat acne: retinol can help to treat acne by unclogging pores, reducing inflammation and regulating oil production.
- Smoothens skin: retinol can help to smooth out the skins surface by promoting cell turnover and reducing the appearance of rough patches.
Depending on type of retinol and delivery system into the skin, sometimes retinol needs to be slowly introduced to the skin.
Additionally, it is important to wear sunscreen when using retinol as it can make your skin photosensitive.