Antioxidants have several benefits for the skin when used in skincare products:
- Reduce the signs of aging: antioxidants can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and age spots by neutralising free radicals that can damage the skin.
- Protect against environmental stressors: antioxidants can help protect the skin from environmental stressors such as pollution, UV radiation and cigarette smoke which can cause premature aging and damage to the skin.
- Brighten and even out skin tone: antioxidants such as vitamin C and niacinamide can help brighten and even out any skin tone by reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
- Improve skin texture: antioxidants can help improve the texture of the skin by promoting collagen production which can make the skin look firmer and more youthful.
- Soothe and calm the skin: antioxidants such as green tea has anti-inflammatory properties that can help sooth and calm the skin, reducing redness and irritation.
Overall incorporating antioxidants into your skincare routine can help to improve the health and appearance of your skin, leaving it looking more youthful, bright and radiant.